LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 122 Old 04-04-2011, 07:42 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 504
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeladler View Post
My points, Sunshine, was to confute entirely Italiancars, whoever this is, his/her position that 0-60 is meaningless and is only in car brochures, road tests, car web sites etc to satisfy pimply teenagers, which is a ridiculous statement. It is STILL the standard world-wide, always was, always will be. I agree that some people could not care less about 0-60, the Prius buyer for example, but the Ferrari, Maserati, Aston, Lambo buyer certainly does care what it is!
"The only people that seem to care about it is pimple face teenagers that drive Mustangs and Camaros or BENCH RACERS that would sh*$% themselves if they ever took their car on a real race track. "

Again you seem to have trouble with the reading and the comprehension bit.

OK Time to Man UP. You live in Florida, I've got 3 days On Track at Daytona Nov. 3 -6. running the Rolex 24 Hr course. You can run with the Big Boys and find out how worthless 0-60 really is, or you can continue to be a BENCH RACER impressing all your friends that you know how fast a car will go from 0-60.

Don't worry there is a store near the track so you can stock up on the the Depends!

Joe -www.italiancarevents.com
Ghibli SS # 2110
Mistral # 1216 ('67 NY Autoshow car)
Khamsin # 1226 (Car & Driver Test car)
Bora # 1046 (next to last production car)
Lamborghini Islero # 6243
Lamborghini Jarama # 10102
Lamborghini Jalpa #12286
Ferrari Mondial Cab # 49713
Iso Rivolta Lele Marlboro # 184 ('73 Geneva Show car)
Laforza # 159
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 122 Old 04-04-2011, 07:58 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 4,580
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by italiancars View Post
"The only people that seem to care about it is pimple face teenagers that drive Mustangs and Camaros or BENCH RACERS that would sh*$% themselves if they ever took their car on a real race track. "

Again you seem to have trouble with the reading and the comprehension bit.

OK Time to Man UP. You live in Florida, I've got 3 days On Track at Daytona Nov. 3 -6. running the Rolex 24 Hr course. You can run with the Big Boys and find out how worthless 0-60 really is, or you can continue to be a BENCH RACER impressing all your friends that you know how fast a car will go from 0-60.

Don't worry there is a store near the track so you can stock up on the the Depends!
Oh please, you are truly pathetic. I will be there. Just set it up! By the way, last year I was invited by Jaguar USA to test drive their new 5 liter XKR Coupe (before it went on sale to the public) at the Palm Beach Race Track with my co-driver, retired F1 and Indy guy, Roberto Gurrero. We spent a while driving each other around the track, so I say BRING IT ON, dude! Not only will you need DEPENDS, you will need many valium to calm your nerves, you clueless one!
post #18 of 122 Old 04-04-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Oh please, you are truly pathetic. I will be there. Just set it up! By the way, last year I was invited by Jaguar USA to test drive their new 5 liter XKR Coupe (before it went on sale to the public) at the Palm Beach Race Track with my co-driver, retired F1 and Indy guy, Roberto Gurrero. We spent a while driving each other around the track, so I say BRING IT ON, dude! Not only will you need DEPENDS, you will need many valium to calm your nerves, you clueless one!
Already, set up. Put your money where your month is, here is the link to the registration page.
DAYTONA EVENT Nov. 3 - 6, 2011 - Italian Cars - Le Belle Macchine d'Italia

BTW this isn't a Mickey Mouse track like Moroso doing a Ride and Drive. Also, Roberto is welcome, call him. If not we know how to get in touch with him. A few of his old friends are there every year.

Ghibli SS # 2110
Lamborghini Jalpa #12286
Laforza # 159

post #19 of 122 Old 04-04-2011, 08:45 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 4,087
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
The gauntlet has been thrown and accepted.
Anybody in Florida care to provide video for the Forum?

2005 Coupe GT (true manual) Grigio Palladio/Cuoio
2015 FIAT Abarth Granito Lucente/Nero
2006 GranSport Grigio Alfieri/Nero (fled to the Pacific Northwest)
2005 Quattorporte Blu Nettuno/Cuoio (Gone to parts unknown)
2002 Coupe CC Quarzo Metalica/Cuoio (now the property of our own PhillyMaser16)
post #20 of 122 Old 04-04-2011, 10:49 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 242
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
post #21 of 122 Old 04-04-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veloce49 View Post
The gauntlet has been thrown and accepted.
Anybody in Florida care to provide video for the Forum?
Not accepted until he registers for the event. I'll give everyone a daily update until the registration is complete.

Ghibli SS # 2110
Lamborghini Jalpa #12286
Laforza # 159
post #22 of 122 Old 04-04-2011, 11:45 PM

OK so let me see if I have this right. You challenge me to race you at Daytona and tell me and everyone else it is all set upI Then you direct me to a web site where I have to pay anywhere between $1,000 and $1,500! You must be crazy, you must be nuts. You have as much credibilty as a 1 year old. Go away and stop posting such ungarla!
post #23 of 122 Old 04-05-2011, 01:07 AM

Quote:
OK so let me see if I have this right. You challenge me to race you at Daytona and tell me and everyone else it is all set upI Then you direct me to a web site where I have to pay anywhere between $1,000 and $1,500! You must be crazy, you must be nuts. You have as much credibilty as a 1 year old. Go away and stop posting such ungarla!
Exactly where did I challenge you to a race? I said I have 3 days On Track at Daytona. The only Challenge I made was for you to prove that you're not just another Bench Racer that talks BS when they are on their keyboard, but when someone calls them on their BS they come up with excuses. You just proved you're nothing but a BS Bench Racer, you spend most of your time here bashing Maserati, telling everyone how great Jaguar is and that you'll never buy one again if they build an SUV.

Well they are building an SUV, (there is no truth to the rumor that the only reason they are building an SUV is to lose you as a customer).

There are over 10 members of this forum already registered for our Pocono event. They aren't bench racers, they are enthusiasts that support Maserati.

You remind me of a Viper owner we had a Daytona a couple of years ago. Showed up with highly modified car putting out close to 700 hp. Did one session, scared the Sh@$ out of himself and went home. But at least he had enough stones to give it a try.

Why am I not surprised you drive a Prius.

Ghibli SS # 2110
Lamborghini Jalpa #12286
Laforza # 159
post #24 of 122 Old 04-05-2011, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiancars View Post
Exactly where did I challenge you to a race? I said I have 3 days On Track at Daytona. The only Challenge I made was for you to prove that you're not just another Bench Racer that talks BS when they are on their keyboard, but when someone calls them on their BS they come up with excuses. You just proved you're nothing but a BS Bench Racer, you spend most of your time here bashing Maserati, telling everyone how great Jaguar is and that you'll never buy one again if they build an SUV.

Well they are building an SUV, (there is no truth to the rumor that the only reason they are building an SUV is to lose you as a customer).

There are over 10 members of this forum already registered for our Pocono event. They aren't bench racers, they are enthusiasts that support Maserati.

You remind me of a Viper owner we had a Daytona a couple of years ago. Showed up with highly modified car putting out close to 700 hp. Did one session, scared the Sh@$ out of himself and went home. But at least he had enough stones to give it a try.

Why am I not surprised you drive a Prius.
As with everything you write, it is utter trash. You obviously do not understand anything about fine cars and marques and indeed make things up as you go along. You are hoisted by your own petard and sad to say not very bright. You are not worthy of meaningful dialogue anymore as you have no class nor style. I shall not respond to you in the future, you are not worth it!
post #25 of 122 Old 04-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Master Mechanic

Maserati Life Posts: 1,521
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to JoshH
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoIndiaMike View Post
I must’a got me one of them thar Furrari motors in my 09 GT, cause me’n my buddy clocked a zero to sixty run in about 3.5 seconds! Now I’m telling you the conditions were perfect! A cool Autumn day with lilacs bloomin all around, and with fresh hot tarmac under them tyres, but his Timex don’t lie!

I put’er in the lowest gear I could find and stomped on the gas! The rear tires chirped like a hedgehog in a wood chipper, just a little to let us know that they took hold and pinned us to that Etalian leather! My buddy dropped his Timex but when he picked it back up, 3.5 seconds had gone by and just by coincidence, I had looked down at the speedo and I was ZOOMIN past the 60 mph mark! And I yelled MARK! He said, “WHAT” cause Mark is my buddy’s name. And I said “how fast did I go?” He said REEEAALY fast”. So I’m stick’n to my claim that my Maserati does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds!
LMFAO! Sounds 'bout right me. Sure sounded like a 3.5sec 0-60mph to me when you drove off last night.
post #26 of 122 Old 04-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 2,553
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes that post from TangoIndiaMike was hilarious. We have some very talented contributors to this forum!
post #27 of 122 Old 04-05-2011, 04:06 PM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 628
Keeping this thread more on topic:

I also agree that there are (less expensive) cars that can match, or readily beat the QP in the 0-60 spec.

However, I've never felt inclined to even look twice at a Jaguar (including the new 510 Hp). I've seen them in person, and honestly, meh.

Driving a QP (especially the new GT S) SOUNDS much faster than it really is. The sound of the 4.7L engine with the exhaust fully open is amazing.

I can tell you that my purchase of a QP had absolutely nothing to do with its 0-60 specs. Style? Class? Exclusive? Oh yes.
post #28 of 122 Old 04-05-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvanzyl View Post

I can tell you that my purchase of a QP had absolutely nothing to do with its 0-60 specs. Style? Class? Exclusive? Oh yes.
Which was my point, 0-60 times are like Fax Numbers, everyone's business card has one, but no one uses it.

Ghibli SS # 2110
Lamborghini Jalpa #12286
Laforza # 159
post #29 of 122 Old 04-05-2011, 05:27 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 651
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Here is my $0.02 FWIW: I am not too bothered about 0-60 times and didn't even know nor cared what it was for the 2009 QP S that I ended up buying after a 10 minute test drive! Having said that I know that it is something that matters to some folks. Now, electric motors have a much greater torque than combustion engines hence expect future electric sports cars to post 0-60 times in the 2-2.5 second range BUT lower top speeds as they aren't able to generate the same power (bhp) per weight. They will win the stop light race but lose on the track.

Disclaimer: I am not an automotive expert but a pimply faced 44+ year old who doesn't have the balls to drive quickly!

Maserati QP S 4.7 2009 (Blue Ocean/Cuoio)
post #30 of 122 Old 04-05-2011, 05:31 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 4,087
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
michaeladler - do some homework.
Italiancars is the organizer of some the oldest and most respected italian car shows in the U.S. He is also a recognized aficionado knowledgeable resource and lover of Maseratis.
As Jimmy Conway says to Billy Batts, "you may have been a little out of line there, just a little..."

2005 Coupe GT (true manual) Grigio Palladio/Cuoio
2015 FIAT Abarth Granito Lucente/Nero
2006 GranSport Grigio Alfieri/Nero (fled to the Pacific Northwest)
2005 Quattorporte Blu Nettuno/Cuoio (Gone to parts unknown)
2002 Coupe CC Quarzo Metalica/Cuoio (now the property of our own PhillyMaser16)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode