2018 Granturismo - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 72 Old 04-18-2017, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
2018 Granturismo

I've been advised by my dealer that the changes to the Granturismo ne t year are:

-new front and rear bumpers
-new front splitter (different for Sport andMC)
-new headlight finishers (again different for Sport & MC)
-rear view camera
-new infotainment center with rotary control knob
-new front grill with chrome ribs
-new dashboard with new clock
-Harmon Kardon premium sound system

Coupe ordering begins this month. Five new colors,5 old deleted. Only 400 cabs to be built.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 Old 04-18-2017, 11:40 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 578
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjscharer View Post
I've been advised by my dealer that the changes to the Granturismo ne t year are:

-new front and rear bumpers
-new front splitter (different for Sport andMC)
-new headlight finishers (again different for Sport & MC)
-rear view camera
-new infotainment center with rotary control knob
-new front grill with chrome ribs
-new dashboard with new clock
-Harmon Kardon premium sound system

Coupe ordering begins this month. Five new colors,5 old deleted. Only 400 cabs to be built.

Nothing about a new GT announced on Maserati's website. Nothing announced or revealed by Maserati at this year's New York Auto Show.

The GT was discontinued after the 2017 model year.

Fake News once again....

2013 Maserati GT MC Convertible: Bianco Eldorado/Nero; Carbon Fiber Aero Package; Interior Carbon Package-Evo I+II; 20% tint; clear bra; Larini sport cats

2008 Ferrari F430 Spider: Avus Bianco exterior/Red leather interior; Daytona seats; Carbon Fiber dash trim and steering wheel; 20% tint; clear bra; Sport exhaust (LOUD!)

2008 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano: Nero/Cuoio; F1 superfast transmission; Daytona seats
post #3 of 72 Old 04-19-2017, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

Nope,you are not dealing with the current administration. If you would like to email me at rjscharer@aol.com,I would be happy to email you the 28 page factory advisory to dealers.

post #4 of 72 Old 04-19-2017, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Nope,you are not dealing with the current administration. If you would like to email me at rjscharer@aol.com,I would be happy to email you the 28 page factory advisory to dealers.
Photos? Videos? Announcements? Why does it have to be so "secretive?" Maserati told their dealers and the press last year that the GT was going to be discontinued after 2017. So, are you saying now that they lied?! The GT hasn't had an update in over 4 years. If this information is true, it would be all over Maserati's website and an announcement or a demo would've been revealed at the New York Auto Show. Not one car magazine or car-related press has any hint of news of an imminent updated GT coming out.

Unless we see an actual, in-the-flesh car with all those updates, it's all just speculation.

2013 Maserati GT MC Convertible: Bianco Eldorado/Nero; Carbon Fiber Aero Package; Interior Carbon Package-Evo I+II; 20% tint; clear bra; Larini sport cats

2008 Ferrari F430 Spider: Avus Bianco exterior/Red leather interior; Daytona seats; Carbon Fiber dash trim and steering wheel; 20% tint; clear bra; Sport exhaust (LOUD!)

2008 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano: Nero/Cuoio; F1 superfast transmission; Daytona seats
post #5 of 72 Old 04-19-2017, 03:45 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 160
I was told something simular on friday also. I was like why would they update it again, and they just were like i dont know also.
post #6 of 72 Old 04-19-2017, 07:09 AM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 2,166
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Quote:
Done

C

The Alfisti formerly known as Catman:
4.2 GT Automatic, 147 TS, Sprint 1.7
post #7 of 72 Old 04-19-2017, 04:27 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 189
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Reading this, no wonder why maserati is so unsuccessful in the market place car value compared to their competition. Keeping customers on their toes and off balance with contradicting information to their network is not the best way to build a striving business but again, may be I am old fashion and surprises is now the way to go to sell stuff.
post #8 of 72 Old 04-19-2017, 04:54 PM
vdr

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 74
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Garage
I would have thought that Maserati would have had, at least, some info in regards to this at the past week's NY Auto Show. To my mind this is bigger news than the puffery they released on their site in regards to the limited black-out package for the Ghibli.

That being said... who knows? If true it's the most comprehensive update to the model in years and will likely add at least a few more sales to this incarnation until they decide whether they'll be a re-design in the near future.

Seems as though FCA has their hands full at the present time and simply can't commit the necessary resources to a GT replacement.
post #9 of 72 Old 04-19-2017, 06:08 PM

I just spoke to my local dealer and general manager and they said they don't know anything about an updated GT being released for sale for 2018. They and I agree that, for the time being, the GT is being discontinued after 2017.

They also said that there's a lot of rumors and speculations floating around but not to put too much weight in that until Maserati officially makes an announcement.

post #10 of 72 Old 04-19-2017, 06:28 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 4
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have been told personally by a top executive at Maserati, someone I personally know and trust, that it has indeed been decided to upgrade the Granturismo and to keep it in production. The main reason was that the investment capital required to develop the Alfieri is not available yet, but as Maserati could not be seen as falling out of the GT market which must remain a fundamental part of its heritage, they decided to upgrade the Granturismo with a smaller investment and to keep it going.

I didn't hear about any limited production numbers, actually anything like that would be very counterproductive as they would never recover their investment by building only 400 cars, since they have to remain aggressively priced.

The two disappointments from my side are the failure to implement the excellent new generation ZF 8-speed gearbox and the equally wonderful 3.9 twin-turbo V8 of the Quattroporte GTS. A 600HP Granturismo would have been a dream come true for so many enthusiasts (and would have taken a lot of sales away from cars such as the BMW M6 or the various AMG Mercs), but apparently fitting the new V8 would have required an enormous structural redesign work for which there simply wasn't enough budget. So, the Granturismo will live on, with the venerable 4.7 normally aspirated V8 (perhaps with a minor power increase) and the outdated 6-speed gearbox.
post #11 of 72 Old 04-19-2017, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

psb1013..once again glad to email you the document the dealers got this week.
Rjscharer
post #12 of 72 Old 04-19-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
psb1013..once again glad to email you the document the dealers got this week.
Rjscharer

..........and that proves what? Nothing's been officially announced yet and there is no actual car or prototype.

Until I see an actual 2018 GT revealed and being sold in a showroom, it's still all speculation.

post #13 of 72 Old 04-19-2017, 07:52 PM

Well, let's say that an updated GT does come out next year or in 2019. Will it be worth it? Heck no! Who's going to pay $160K+ for a car with the same engine, the same transmission, the same interior but with new Chrysler bits and pieces? So, Maserati is going to charge more for essentially the same car with tech which should've been included more than 4 years ago....lol. If they're going to update the GT, they should've done it right (or not at all) instead of a half-ass attempt to milk more sales. First the "Special Edition" GT, then the "Nerissimo" Ghibli, and now this......Maserati is falling fast.

.....new headlight finishers!.......oooohhhh

.....a rear-view camera!........oooooohhhh

......dashboard with new clock........ooooohhh.....ahhhh!

post #14 of 72 Old 04-20-2017, 07:07 AM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 2,166
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by psb1013 View Post
..........and that proves what? Nothing's been officially announced yet and there is no actual car or prototype.

Until I see an actual 2018 GT revealed and being sold in a showroom, it's still all speculation.
Well its a real, live, factory doc for Maserati NA. Or someone's gone to a lot of effort to fake one. While I agree that technically, it may be speculation, I personally feel it's well founded.

Model Year 2018 GranTurismo DOG_041117.pdf

C

The Alfisti formerly known as Catman:
4.2 GT Automatic, 147 TS, Sprint 1.7
post #15 of 72 Old 04-20-2017, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

This document came from the US dealer who sold me a 2017 Granturismo Sport Coupe 2 weeks ago. Since I anguished over buying a car that could be in its final stages of production,he was reassuring me the changes were minimal and that it's life goes on. It was accompanied with a cover letter to the dealer from the head of Maserati NA. I did not think I was authorized to release that letter. I would not have wasted my time posting a false document. Trying to mislead my fellow enthusiasts is not an entertainment outlet for me. This is a genuine piece of internal correspondence. With leftover 2016 and 2017 models it would make sense to keep this information under the covers for as long as possible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode