LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 12-29-2016, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Cool Would Love some input on Value of 2009 GT S with F1

I want to purchase this car it is a 2009 Maserati GT S with F1 , From what I see they only make about 300 in the US, The Price Im paying is $50k Plus Shipping about $1000 I did a Clutch Test and is 26% car has 19k Miles, Red with Black interior , Is this car worth the money or should I spend a few more thousand and get a 2013 GT s , I really appreciate any input , pretty new to this forum and already found so much great info here ,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009maserati.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	87986  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-30-2016, 09:41 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 2
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Hey mate,

I test drove a 2011 MC Shift (F1) and a 2013 GT Sport when purchasing my Granturismo. I ended up going with the GT Sport for the following reasons:

1) The MC Shift F1 gear box was awesome when driving fast and shifting gears - super fast shifting and really gives you a race car feeling. However when taking off from neutral to 1st you can really feel the auto clutch engaging its almost like a grind and it makes the car jerky when taking off. Imagine this in traffic and it would drive you crazy.
2) The dealer mentioned that the clutch would probably need replacing every 30-45K kms and at around $6000 a replacement it didn't sound too appealing
3) However the clincher for me was the fact that the 2013 GT Sport had the current styling - the 2011 (or 2009 model in your case) has the older style seats and older style front body. This is going to hurt resale value and would have also annoyed me to know that i spent all that money for a car that was already outdated

At the end of the day it really comes down to what you are going to use the car for - if its a weekend track car go the the GT S (F1) but if its your everyday drive you cant go wrong with the auto 2013 GT Sport
post #3 of 4 Old 12-30-2016, 04:32 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 8
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The USA 2009 F1 clutch usually lasts 40-60k miles, depending on how its driven and how well its treated. Dealer quoted me $6500 USD. Given the car it is, is also worth it.... Who drives these cars to 110k miles anyway...

The front bumper can be upgraded to the OEM MC front bumper for only $1-2k USD. Very much worth the upgrade. It's a clean swap.

There are really no styling difference between the 09 F1 and everything else except the USA MC's back bumper. Even that can be upgraded on the 09 F1, but that would be a costly one.

I don't know about how the F1 drives unfortunately, so I can't confirm the above.

There are some GREAT deals on F1s out there. If you have the means to buy and invest in it, then go for it!
post #4 of 4 Old 01-11-2017, 10:06 PM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 287
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Garage
rols001, I went through the EXACT same process and came to the EXACT same conclusion...with the same result!! LOL Couldnt be happier with my choice.

*and I've put 40k miles on my car already and enjoyed every one of them! She's definitely no garage queen.

Maserati GranTurismo = Automotive Lust

2013 Maserati GranTurismo Sport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode