Problems with Audio system - Maserati Forum

Maserati Forum Maserati Forum Modern Maserati GranTurismo ::

Problems with Audio system

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 08:42 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 15
Default Problems with Audio system

I know this was touched on in another thread but I was hoping to get more detail regarding a few issues I have had with a 2011 GTS. The car is only 2 weeks old. I have the bose premium sound system. The sound quality is very poor. Better with a cd but compared to my BMW or even my escalade its poor quality. The other day I connected my Ipod Nano and after a few songs I switched back to the radio. Every few minutes the source changed back to the Ipod on its own. I disconnected the Ipod and then I had issues with the volume control. At 0 level I had sound and as I approached 15 (about half way) the volume slowly turned down to silent and then from 15 to 30 pumped up again. I turned off the car for about 30 minutes and when I started the car it was back to normal. Poor sound quality but normal.

I dont want to have the dealer tear my car apart if these are know issues and there is no fix. I love to cruise and crank up the tunes. I love the car but am very disappointed with the sound system. Anyone else having similar issues?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsor - Register now for free to stop viewing this ad.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:51 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 4,566

Quote:
Originally Posted by jred11779 View Post
I know this was touched on in another thread but I was hoping to get more detail regarding a few issues I have had with a 2011 GTS. The car is only 2 weeks old. I have the bose premium sound system. The sound quality is very poor. Better with a cd but compared to my BMW or even my escalade its poor quality. The other day I connected my Ipod Nano and after a few songs I switched back to the radio. Every few minutes the source changed back to the Ipod on its own. I disconnected the Ipod and then I had issues with the volume control. At 0 level I had sound and as I approached 15 (about half way) the volume slowly turned down to silent and then from 15 to 30 pumped up again. I turned off the car for about 30 minutes and when I started the car it was back to normal. Poor sound quality but normal.

I dont want to have the dealer tear my car apart if these are know issues and there is no fix. I love to cruise and crank up the tunes. I love the car but am very disappointed with the sound system. Anyone else having similar issues?
As you rightly say the problems with the dreadful Bose system in newer Maseratis has been covered in other threads. Other than have your dealer replace your system, there is probably no easy fix. Maserati should be ashamed of themselves putting such junk in such fine cars, but it is what it is. Today for example I used the 30 gig hard drive to listen to some tracks from a CD I had previously downloaded and it kept playing bits of the same track over and over-I gave up! I could not even locate other tracks so I opend the window in 93 heat and listened to the exhaust instead!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:53 PM

Default Photo of 2011 GTS

Here is a picture of the car. I love these wheels
Attached Thumbnails
Problems with Audio system-2011-04-09_17-25  
Old 04-11-2011, 09:16 PM
InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 628

2011 QP GTS. No issues with Jukebox or iPod. However the implementation is pure junk. Audi did it right with their AMI. Honestly, I love driving and just listening to the exhaust, but on longer highway trips it's nice to have some tunes - the jukebox is acceptable.

FYI, the 2011 QP has the same system as the OP's car.

Last edited by bvanzyl; 04-11-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 1,303

Yes the audio system sucks in the QP/GrT. I enjoy the sound of my engine as often as possible. But on long trips and when stucked in city traffic jams, I would love a modern radio with a great sound (including rich bass).

Like Michael said, it is a shame that such a high-end car has such a poor system.

My Audi A8L had a great standard radio, like most cars on the road. Hey, even small cars and inexpensive cars have better standard radios. This is not acceptable, as a great system should be standard (like everybody else, even in automobiles costing only a fraction of a Maserati).

Just stating a fact...

. Now: 2013 Cadillac CTS Coupe
. Sold: 07 Maserati Quattroporte Exec. GT ZF + 2012 BMW 528 + 07 Audi A8L + 07 Range Rover Sport + 06 BMW 750
Old 04-12-2011, 02:05 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by jred11779 View Post

I've had similar issues with the car switching from ipod to radio by itself. Still haven't figured out why, but it hasn't happened to me in about 6 months. Don't know why they can't get this right.

2010 GranTurismo S Auto
Grigio Granito/Cuoio
Old 04-13-2011, 11:49 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 7
Send a message via AIM to DucatiAlso

Shows the power of marketing on Bose's part.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:40 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 1,100

Ahh the radio and sound system just sucks, it is what it is.. I have had terrible radio problems in New York City and surrounding areas, and it sucks because I like switching between the different stations as I did not get an ipod set up, and I've yet to use the 6 CD changer... So I brought it in, the "IDIOTS" just did a battery re-set, and told me too bad, there is no external antenna for styling purposes which I'm fine with, and it just doesn't work right, so I've come to accept it like most things in life, so another solution I don't know as I've been looking for the same. I don't know any good audio shops in New York, as I've gotten crappy work done many times in supposedly reputable places along with electrical problems that followed so I will never ever let some "IDIOT" touch my electronics in the car, just not worth it. So I spent the money on some Sports Cats and Exhaust and now I just hear the internal sound track!
Old 04-14-2011, 01:01 PM

That just sucks. I researched this car to death but never in a million years thought that a low quality sound system would be used. Yes the exhaust sytem sounds awsome but I cant listen to the same song over and over. I am trying to find a good audio shop on Long Island to upgrade the speakers and possibly install an amp.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:55 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 1,100

Let me know about a long island shop as im looking for the same for my gransport and a way to fix the QP maybe satellite radio is the way to go....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.