Maserati Forum banner

GT Sport brake question

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  veloce2 
#1 ·
New owner here of a 2015 GT Sport that is a CPO car from a dealer with only 5,000 miles. I love the fact that the CPO program included a full fluids service before i hit the road but today was my first real drive in the car and the brake pedal feel was very concerning. I would get a little initial bite then spongy travel for an inch or two and then final good bite. not progressive feel, in fact no hard brake pedal feel at all. i'm hoping this is not normal and that the lines need to be bled after the CPO brake fluid service. How are the brakes on your Gran Turismos?

#3 ·
Just got our 2015 GT Sport back from Maserati Service where i had them look at two items. 1) Steering was very light and didn't track as well as i thought it should and 2) Brake feel as i described above. Dealer adjusted the Caster on the car and now the steering feel is pretty much perfect. It has a little more weight to it, more responsive and it now tracks down the road versus guiding it. As far as the brakes, they re-bled the brakes and reset the ABS software (not sure how that was done) and they still feel too soft especially around town with lots of travel before they start to bite. I've heard different GT owners say this is normal and others say they have a firm brake pedal that feels great. What do your brakes feel like when you come to a stop?

#4 ·
If anything I find the GT brakes variable. Sometimes I find it hard to come to a smooth progressive stop. On others the box won't drop out and it wants to keep going.

When pressing on (in manual), positive application works just dandy. I have FD carbon kevlar pads.

C

#6 ·
ttpopo.. what year GT do you have and have your brakes always been firm? did you change brake lines or pads to get them that way? I realize that the GT is not a sports car but I would not be happy with the amount of travel and softness of my GT in a daily driver Toyota Corolla.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.