Maserati Forum banner

Opening the Convertible Roof with a remote control

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  LG GT 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 2012 GT convertible.

Has anyone tried doing this ? I know that we can open the roof from the key from outside by twisting it to the right, along with the usual button next to the gear panel.

I was wondering if there's any way we could hook up a remote control for this so I could start opening the roof while walking to my car in the parking lot. Also might look cool :p

Thanks,

Vinny

#3 ·
There was something like this available when I used to own a Jaguar F-Type convertible. (I think it was sold on eBay). The issue with the GT is that the car has to be running for the top to operate. So if there is a device to remotely start the car, then something like that may be possible.

#5 ·
#8 ·
so far he got back to me, but wanted to work with someone in the DC area.

in the meantime, there's one made by mods4cars, and it seems to be available for the Granturismo, but I can only find the manual, not the purchase page. the similar ones they sell for other cars run ~$400...

#9 ·
Very cool idea. I have heard or read in the manual (can't remember) that opening the top without the engine running is a massive drain on the battery and if you still have that finicky Italian battery....be careful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.