Maserati Forum banner

Ricambi vs Eurospares, Preference? ASAP PLEASE

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  ItalianGrowl 
#1 ·
Hey gang,

I need to order an entire damn steering rack due to a worn INNER tie rod. I am finding better prices through Euro compared to Ricambi (by almost $500). Do you guys have any experiences regarding quality concerns or preferences towards one vs the other.

Thank in advance,
Chaz

#2 ·
I just placed my first order with Eurospares. For USA customers they require shipping by FedEx Express. As a result, I just spent 45 GBP to ship 42 GBP worth of parts.
I shudder to imagine the shipping charge for a steering rack from Eurospares.

-SF

#4 ·
Sean,

According to the site the shipping was only $60 bucks via FedEx Exp for the rack and since the savings on the part itself was so significant the shipping was more than fair. I think I'll give Euro a go since no one has expressed quality concerns.

#9 ·
Watch out with eurospares and shipping costs!

Be aware when you place an order from Europsares!!! The shipping price you paid when you placed your order may seem good UNTIL they come back and say that they need to charge you an additional amount for shipping later AFTER THEY RECEIVE THE PART FROM THEIR SUPPLIER! I think they lowball the shipping on purpose to entice buyers. Once they get your order and THE PART GETS TO THEM TO SHIP TO YOU, they will tell you the shipping cost is more and the price you paid when you placed your order was not accurate. Then when you add it up the new shipping costs with the item price it's not worth it anymore and you are better off buying it locally. ***They have a "disclaimer" that the shipping could be more *** that is stated in the receipt AFTER you paid. I told them they need to get the weight/size/dimensions of the item and properly calculate shipping BEFORE they order a part on behalf of a customer instead of trying to pin customers in a corner later and REFUSE TO REFUND THEM or CHARGE THEM A FEE TO CANCEL IT. A little communication and research on their part with the manufacturer/supplier they deal with can easily be done by them to avoid this. Not saying this happens all the time or with every part ordered from them but it happened to me and I demanded my FULL REFUND with all sorts of pushback from them and I GOT IT!

#5 ·
Oh the part will be exactly the same. They have a habit of advertising stuff in stock, when in fact they need to get it from the factory. An sometimes the factory won't actually have the part, but Eruospares won't tell you this.

Oh, and they've let their customer emails into the wild and don't care

C

#8 ·
Not my experience at all. Their site says "in stock" or "new, subject to availability" which means they need to check with the factory. And, every single one of my emails is answered very promptly. I've had very good success with Eurospares. (however, my experience is all with Ferrari parts)

#10 ·
I do have a hard time believing that the shipping of a steering rack, from UK to USA, could be the same price as the shipping of four little clips that fit in a jewel case.

I mean, $60 to ship steering rack across the Atlantic? Seems impossibly cheap to me.

#12 ·
Eurospares

Since you placed your order already I would contact them as soon as you can and tell them DO NOT order the part from the Manufacturer/supplier until they verify what you paid in shipping with your order covers it. They try to get you when they order/obtain the part from the manufacturer/supplier on their end right before they ship it to you....This is when they come asking for additional money for shipping and when you say NO/CANCEL/REFUND ME they will tell you sorry we already ordered it for you and it's in our stock now. Keep us posted. I do hope everything goes smooth and you get what you need with no issues.

#11 ·
Another thing with Eurospares is, if you are in USA your credit card bank may go insane on you. As soon as I had placed my order it was declined and my card was suspended for "suspected fraud activity." Quite a pain to set that straight, I hope the charge is recognized if I ever use Eurospares in the future.

#16 ·
IIRC the most I every paid in shipping from Eurospares was $125 and that was for a huge box (windshield trim) and it was overnight :)

The part cost savings clearly eats the shipping cost. Again, my experience is with Ferrari parts only. I've only bought a few Maserati parts and I got them from Ferrari / Maserati of Atlanta.

#18 ·
Sean, I DO expect some variance in the shipping costs from what's "estimated" but even if it doubles its still quite the savings over Ricambi and their shipping costs as well. I will say that the email communication I have had thus far has been quite prompt which always ranks highly in my book. Time will tell how all this goes but I will keep you guys posted!

#19 · (Edited)
****Follow Up for those interested*****

Experience with Eurospares was excellent. When I reviewed their site, found two different part numbers for what appeared to be the same item. I contact them and they replied with the correct part per my VIN with a day. I placed my order and it calculated the shipping on the site (with the disclosure about additional shipping charges may apply). I contacted them after 10 days (the ETA from factory to them), they advised it was already received and has been processed for shipping from the UK. Part was given a tracking number and arrived exactly on schedule. I rec'd no additional charges to my card other than what was shown on the site at the time of purchase. Part was in the OEM packaging from Maserati and no damage whatsoever.

All in all I am VERY pleased with this transaction and the cost difference was quite remarkable. A+ from me, gang!
~Chaz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.