Ghibli Lease? - Maserati Forum

Maserati Forum Maserati Forum Modern Maserati Ghibli ::

Ghibli Lease?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2013, 04:52 AM
Maserati Life Posts: 111
Send a message via AIM to doctorj
Default Ghibli Lease?

Any preliminary numbers on what a lease will run on the Ghibli?

I think it would make a great daily driver that is far more unique than a Audi S5 or Jaguar XF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsor - Register now for free to stop viewing this ad.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:43 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 12

No preliminary numbers as of yet, should be getting them very soon.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 348

$1300-$1500/mo for the S Q4 based on $85k (priced in Canada)? I wonder what the prices are in U.S.?

Maserati QP Sport GT
2006 QP Sport GT
Old 09-19-2013, 07:28 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 228

My dealer has advise $799-$899 SQ4 no options, excluding tax, title license and acquisition fee and $5K down based on a 48 mo lease. Which is about 50% residual and 4-6% interest which is very aggressive and makes more sense using the base model. I personally am planning to spend more given options and my disbelief. $85K including $1,250 delivery, 400 license fees and $795 acquisition fee, 45% residual and 5% interest is $1,330 no cash down and $1218 with $5k Cash down. Get our your wallets boys and girls! IF they offer a 36 month lease it may actually be better!
Old 09-27-2013, 06:13 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 140

I am just wondering how many miles per year?
Old 09-29-2013, 08:12 AM

Not sure but most advertised deals are 10 k. Adding more should not be that expensive. My guess is excess miles will be at least .20 or .25 each. Can Anyone with a current lease advise on excess mileage ?
Old 10-12-2013, 12:30 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 64
Default Lease price

Quote:
Originally Posted by etodd31856 View Post
My dealer has advise $799-$899 SQ4 no options, excluding tax, title license and acquisition fee and $5K down based on a 48 mo lease. Which is about 50% residual and 4-6% interest which is very aggressive and makes more sense using the base model. I personally am planning to spend more given options and my disbelief. $85K including $1,250 delivery, 400 license fees and $795 acquisition fee, 45% residual and 5% interest is $1,330 no cash down and $1218 with $5k Cash down. Get our your wallets boys and girls! IF they offer a 36 month lease it may actually be better!
From what I have been told, the lease prices quoted above will be essentially a bait and switch unless you custom order. Most cars will come with sport, luxury, premium pkgs, upgraded audio and 19" wheels. You will not be able to lease such a car for $899 unless you put down a lot more than $5k! More like $1250 with $10k down for 12k miles per year.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:08 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 588

48 month lease is too long IMO. That last year is a bear and I hate being on the fence whether to buy new tires when only getting a few months out of them or driving on bald tires. Either option sucks. I'll never lease a car of 36 months again.

Former '85 Biturbo E owner 20+ years ago.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:00 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 29

I know the deals will be for 10k but don't have figures yet. My sales rep said leasing will be more advantageous on this vehicle than in years past with the Quattroporte. He had heard tentative numbers from Ally and made it sound like leasing will be competitive with the midsize germans.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken3 View Post
He had heard tentative numbers from Ally and made it sound like leasing will be competitive with the midsize germans.
That's going to be critical to the marque's success in the USA is to have their broadest appealing car lease at a good rate. Get the hook in their mouth and hopefully they'll stick with marque on the next car.

Old 10-25-2013, 02:44 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 603

I never worry about the miles on a lease. I have only gone full term once a lease. If over miles you just trade in on other car at a different dealer. There is a payoff like on any other vehicle and I have never been hurt. People get all hung up on the miles and it is just an expensive game to play with the dealers. They have all the cards. I always get 15k per and if I drive 25k that's what I drive. I just trade the car in when I am near the leases end on my next set of wheels. No mileage penalty or pre purchased miles I didn't use. Lately I have only purchased cars with the cheap interest available. Free money. The lease deals are just not that good anymore. The only exceptions are trucks in my view. They have good leases but you will find if you just by it you will me miles ahead in the long run. Trucks hold there value and even one with high miles is worth more than you think.

Tom

2005 Coupe GT Gregio Alfieri/ Bordeaux
Larini Mufflers, Larini X Pipe,Larini Silenced De Cat,BMC Air Filter,
2011 Mini Cooper JCW Midnight Black-W Flat Black Viper Stripes 17" Black Alloys and totally Murdered Out
2012 VW Beetle Turbo 6 speed
2004 Dodge 2500 Diesel 6 Spd
6" lift, 35's, Bully Dog for POWER
2001 Baja 25 Outlaw 502
2009 Ski Doo Summit 146 w/AreoCharger-New Happy switch. Upgraded to Bikeman 880 this season.

No stinking auto's in this house. We all row the gears.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
That's going to be critical to the marque's success in the USA is to have their broadest appealing car lease at a good rate. Get the hook in their mouth and hopefully they'll stick with marque on the next car.
I couldn't agree with you more. Maserati is going up against cars with decent residuals that usually lease better than they buy. I'm on Maserati's side as I've already ordered my Ghibli and in search of a GT now that I'm hooked... I can't wait to drive the demo in a couple weeks.

I have a feeling based on what my dealer said that Maserati striked a pretty good deal with Ally.

Maserati will pull this off!
Old 10-26-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Maser View Post
I never worry about the miles on a lease. I have only gone full term once a lease. If over miles you just trade in on other car at a different dealer. There is a payoff like on any other vehicle and I have never been hurt. People get all hung up on the miles and it is just an expensive game to play with the dealers. They have all the cards. I always get 15k per and if I drive 25k that's what I drive. I just trade the car in when I am near the leases end on my next set of wheels. No mileage penalty or pre purchased miles I didn't use. Lately I have only purchased cars with the cheap interest available. Free money. The lease deals are just not that good anymore. The only exceptions are trucks in my view. They have good leases but you will find if you just by it you will me miles ahead in the long run. Trucks hold there value and even one with high miles is worth more than you think.
Hey Island Maser-

Your dead on for your approach to leasing and I'm the same way. I do the 10k leases and usually wind up between 10-12k/yr. avg. by the end of the lease term. I've never held on to a lease full term ever, I strike a deal on the new vehicle as well and walk away from the old lease not owing anything.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:12 PM

OK just talked to my dealer. 39 months, 49% residual, 4.9 interest or 0.00204 money factor, 10K miles, 400 for tags etc. and a $750 bank fee. Answer:MSRP of $80,175 will be $1,382.00 a month no money down, $1,314.00 with $2500 down and $1,245.00 with $5,000K down.

Expects improvements especially in Feb when I take title. IMHO there is no way they are going to hit the numbers they want with the above residual. A guy paying $750-800 for whatever will not make that jump in my view. Thoughts?
Old 11-10-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etodd31856 View Post
OK just talked to my dealer. 39 months, 49% residual, 4.9 interest or 0.00204 money factor, 10K miles, 400 for tags etc. and a $750 bank fee. Answer:MSRP of $80,175 will be $1,382.00 a month no money down, $1,314.00 with $2500 down and $1,245.00 with $5,000K down.

Expects improvements especially in Feb when I take title. IMHO there is no way they are going to hit the numbers they want with the above residual. A guy paying $750-800 for whatever will not make that jump in my view. Thoughts?
That does not sounds like attractive lease rates to bring non Maserati obsessed drivers into the marque. As you say, that is a big jump from $800 payment

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.