post #16 of 84 Old 12-09-2013, 04:05 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 651
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by russarch View Post
I am focused on adding a Austin Healey 3000 MK III to my collection
Those are just so gorgeous. Probably my favourite British marque from that era.

Maserati QP S 4.7 2009 (Blue Ocean/Cuoio)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 84 Old 12-09-2013, 04:07 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 586
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nice to see you back Doc!!!!! Grats on the MC love the yellow ( not many yellow out there).

Last month I picked up a C63 AMG "507" edition coupe in matte platinum. Car is a great DD and a beast.
Once its got a tune on it it will be more of "German muscle car". The M156 Engine is awesome. Sounds great buy nothing compares to the GT-MC we own.

This is the car in its stock form. Mods to follow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C63 507 Edition.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	19066  

2017+ AMG-GT variant...
2015 Cayman GTS
2014 C63 "507" edition
2012 Gran Turismo MC (Eldorado White) sold..will be missed.
2013 Camaro ZL1 sold 12/6/13
2004 996 C4S sold l2/20/11
1973 450 SL
post #18 of 84 Old 12-09-2013, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gransport View Post
Sweet. Keep us posted on the Model S. A friend of mine from training just got one and he loves it
Yes I sure will. It may be a while before I pull the trigger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMTEXAS View Post
Whatever you do, get the Performance 85, nothing less. Get dual batteries for the Super Chargers. Don't go cheap on the battery or the performance package. I recommend the parking sensors and the upgraded sound system. You will love this car. It is like nothing else.
Thanks for the advice. That's very helpful coming from an existing owner. I was leaning towards the P85, after having the QP for 4 years, I guess it is almost the logical option to go for. Thanks for the heads up about the parking sensors and sound system. I didn't think about them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMTEXAS View Post
For your family, look into the Tesla Model X unless a smaller sports car is what you are after. The head room in the back seat is not for adults but you will have tons of cargo space. The model X will be available in a about 6 months.
I will speak to the missus about it. She may go for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by russarch View Post
Voltrader, you will have a full blown sensory relapse when that happens. I can't help but think for the first month when you pull away from the house, you'll feel like you've forgotten something - yeah, the sound of an Italian V8.
That is my biggest fear. Every time I fire her up, I still get the same sensation that I had on day 1. Every ride no matter how short, is still an event for me. Never a dull moment that’s for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowlas View Post
Interesting the new QP 6 or Ghibli didn't match this requirement - did the styling of the Tesla come into play as well?
What a stylish way to stay with the marque - best of luck with the search and please keep us informed!
I really like the new QP and Ghibli but I am not connecting to them emotionally. I can’t explain it but there isn’t even the slightest kindling in my heart that says I should get one. IMO the Tesla S has shades of the QP doesn’t it? Though the front grill part is dull and boring. The car does have really good road presence though.
As for the 60s Masers, they are so underrated but are beginning to reflect their true market value. I had better jump on one before they get away.

post #19 of 84 Old 12-09-2013, 04:15 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLTRADER66 View Post
As for the 60s Masers, they are so underrated but are beginning to reflect their true market value. I had better jump on one before they get away.
Good call Volt

2017+ AMG-GT variant...
2015 Cayman GTS
2014 C63 "507" edition
2012 Gran Turismo MC (Eldorado White) sold..will be missed.
2013 Camaro ZL1 sold 12/6/13
2004 996 C4S sold l2/20/11
1973 450 SL
post #20 of 84 Old 12-09-2013, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 1,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
Nice to see you back Doc!!!!! Grats on the MC love the yellow ( not many yellow out there).

Last month I picked up a C63 AMG "507" edition coupe in matte platinum. Car is a great DD and a beast.
Once its got a tune on it it will be more of "German muscle car". The M156 Engine is awesome. Sounds great buy nothing compares to the GT-MC we own.

This is the car in its stock form. Mods to follow.
Hey Ruff

Thanks for the nice welcome. I have considered a C63 for a while. Yours if very clean and sharp looking. Do you have any audio clips of the engine or exhaust note?

2012 GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS - wife's car
2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
2013 Chevy Suburban
1996 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta - recently traded.
2006 GranSport - Anniversary blue - traded. great car!
post #21 of 84 Old 12-09-2013, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 2,553
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLTRADER66 View Post
I really like the new QP and Ghibli but I am not connecting to them emotionally. I can’t explain it but there isn’t even the slightest kindling in my heart that says I should get one. IMO the Tesla S has shades of the QP doesn’t it? Though the front grill part is dull and boring. The car does have really good road presence though.
Volt, feel exactly the same way you do. That is one of the reasons I am staying in my QP 5 for a while - the emotional connection is like no other I've experienced. Agree with you on the looks of the Tesla.

As I've mentioned elsewhere on the forum, my current aim is to get a black 612 Scaglietti and keep the QP long term as the 'practical' car! I think the two cars will look pretty cool next to each other! All once I am happy the growth rate of my new business has stabilised...

2007 Quattroporte Sport GT Auto
FD DBW, FD ECM
post #22 of 84 Old 12-09-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Volt, feel exactly the same way you do. That is one of the reasons I am staying in my QP 5 for a while - the emotional connection is like no other I've experienced. Agree with you on the looks of the Tesla.

As I've mentioned elsewhere on the forum, my current aim is to get a black 612 Scaglietti and keep the QP long term as the 'practical' car! I think the two cars will look pretty cool next to each other! All once I am happy the growth rate of my new business has stabilised...
The 612 is a great car. For the purpose it was designed to do, it does it like no other. Plus it is a lot of Ferrari for your money now. I have come close to jumping on one but felt it was a little to close to the QP in the age of the electronics and other gear. I heard they were developed side by side. It has proven to be very reliable and easy to own. You won't go wrong if you do get one eventually.

post #23 of 84 Old 12-09-2013, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

I agree with the 612. It currently is at a great price for a lot of car, especially a F car. Thought of one myself too

Anyone have thoughts on the 599 GTB?

2013 Chevy Suburban
post #24 of 84 Old 12-09-2013, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Anyone have thoughts on the 599 GTB?
A hell of a lot of supercar for the money - especially considering what they cost new and the low mileage examples out there.

2007 Quattroporte Sport GT Auto
FD DBW, FD ECM
post #25 of 84 Old 12-09-2013, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
A hell of a lot of supercar for the money - especially considering what they cost new and the low mileage examples out there.
Yeah too afraid the 612 is too similar to a GranTurismo, at least in its purpose. Might look at the 599. If anyone knows Chris Harris who does car reviews on YouTube and piston head he bought one recently and gushed about the 599

2013 Chevy Suburban
post #26 of 84 Old 12-09-2013, 02:17 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 5,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
Nice choice! AMGs are fantastic cars IMHO.

https://www.instagram.com/revtravis/

(SOLD) 2004 Coupe Cambiocorsa, Rosso Mondiale/Nero
Larini mufflers & X-pipe, Sport cats, FD sport springs, FD DBWEM, BMC air filter, FD brake pads
post #27 of 84 Old 12-09-2013, 02:22 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 5,887
Quote:
Yeah too afraid the 612 is too similar to a GranTurismo, at least in its purpose. Might look at the 599. If anyone knows Chris Harris who does car reviews on YouTube and piston head he bought one recently and gushed about the 599
I think of the 612 and 599 as being very similar cars. The 612 is about 10 inches longer but they have the same width/height and similar V12 engines. Styling is also really similar. I don't understand why Ferrari 4 seaters depreciate more than any other F car.

https://www.instagram.com/revtravis/

(SOLD) 2004 Coupe Cambiocorsa, Rosso Mondiale/Nero
Larini mufflers & X-pipe, Sport cats, FD sport springs, FD DBWEM, BMC air filter, FD brake pads
post #28 of 84 Old 12-09-2013, 07:33 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 4,580
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
For me, a LEMON Prius!
post #29 of 84 Old 12-09-2013, 08:16 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 166
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My wife saw the upcoming S Coupe Concept by Mercedes and quickly fell in love... I admit it did make me go ohhhh myyyy. Would be a nice DD

Wondering how it would be with the AMG touches...but then again, I still have a bad taste for Mercs...

Agreed that the 612 is nice but it's big, would be too close to the Mas GTS and have heard so many good things about the 599. Although I've some folks say that the 599 got a little dated and long in the tooth with regards to interior and technology. I absolutely love the style.

I need more garage space!!!!

ACCD

2012 Gran Turismo S AKA-NINO
2013 BMW 650i AKA - Bruno
MB 300CE
HD Deuce

MB CL500
NSX-(sold :( )
post #30 of 84 Old 12-09-2013, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

I second the garage space issue. I grew up with no garage at all to having 4 garage spaces. And I still think it's not enough... Lol

2013 Chevy Suburban

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode