Oil Change Pictures for 2015 GTS
Was hunting around and didn't see any good DIYs for a granturismo so I figured I would post some. It is super easy so I hope these help others. All the pictures are taken from the front of the car for reference.
1. Jack up the car at the jack points. These are round holes that can be found where the front subframe intersects the unibody. (I'll try to upload pics of them later)
2. Remove the cover from the bottom of the engine. This is bolted with (3) 10mm bolts and (2) 17mm bolts. No idea why they are 2 different sizes. You can see them in the picture below.
3. Remove the Oil Drain Plug using a 10mm Allen head socket. Beware, the oil comes out fast and there is a lot of it. Be sure to have a large drain pan ready. See the picture for the location.
4. Locate the oil filter. It is under the cover that you removed in step 2 on the left if you are looking from the front of the car.
5. You will notice that it is surrounded by a rubber drip housing. There is a drain that will direct the oil away as you loosen the filter. Great idea right...well, it will drip right onto the frame member. So I added a small pipe elbow to direct it away from the frame. Works perfectly. Just loosen the filter but do not remove it....let the oil drain out of the filter through the elbow, then remove it completely.
6. Put on new filter, and new crush washer on the drain plug and tighten everything up. Then put the cover back on.
7. Lower the car from the jacks. Add (9) quarts of oil. Start the engine. Let it run for a minute. Turn it off and wait 10 minutes. Check the oil level and add as necessary. Mine took a full (10) quarts.
There you have it....have fun!