Maserati Forum banner

What do yous guys think of the Alfa Romeo Giulia????

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  elambo 
#1 ·
I've always been a fan of Italian and British cars...this new Giulia is pretty darn sexy and powerful...looks like it's cleaning house in beating out Germany's finest....I'd probably take this over the Ghibli....I think Alfa is just one more example of Italian passion in automobiles. Just curious as to what yous guys thought of this new stallion as a lot of you are FAR more knowledgeable and wealthier than I am :).

Kindly,
Stephen

#2 ·
Not a big fan of the front end on any version ...she's much better around the back...
I think the non-quadrifoglio versions look nicer...sleeker... with out all the holes and vents.
But...there's no denying that she's an Italian thoroughbred... to the core of her DNA.
I hope they sell a lot of them... (good for Maserati, too)

#4 ·
Had one ordered, wanted MT but not coming to US, BORING! walked away. Very disappointed. I am referring to the non-Quad models.

#5 ·
I'm digging the new Alfa coming out and looking forward to a test drive. Motor Trend put it up against the ATS-V, C63 and the M3 and they said it blew them all away. I also think that the 4c is a kind of cool looking car for what it is. There are so many cool cars out right now it's hard to choose one....

#6 ·
I love the Alfa styling more the Maserati and FCA has done a good job differentiating lines to not fight with each other. Guilia and Ghibli are two different cars. Sergio hasn't sterilized Alfa's DNA just yet as he's done with Maserati IMO. Will that be the same in 5 years?

Maserati is definitely more upscale than Alfa, has been and should be. Alfa is for the regular buyer; not jet set like Maserati.

#9 ·
I agree the ATS is junk, and I'm not too crazy about the M3 either. I have admitted that I like the new c63 and even the new C43. The new style and interior of Mercedes look great.

#10 ·
Ats drives looks and feels like crap.
M3 drives ok, feels cheap and feels like it's going to break, plus sounds horrible.
The c63 feels drives and looks extremely cheap. Everything inside creaks rattles and flexes and pops like the door handles dash every button surround etc.

The previous cts V was actually an OK car, especially if you enjoyed high end vettes and could live with the finish (not build) quality. Had two of the last gen m3s and they certainly had major faults but were otherwise enjoyable in traffic and the track (with a full BBK) and I really liked the development pkg c63 sedan as the only true "German muscle car" that was finished completely differently than the c class it is based.

Nobody, and I men's NOBODY is in the business to build CARS now, they only want to build stock prices. Consumers are dumb and they finally realized it. People will buy ANYTHING that's new for news sake.

There's only one product i can think of that every single consumer is actually involved in the decision process at an intellectual level and knows how to correctely use the product at a level beyond the 99%

That product is a unicycle.

A Sir Winston and '31 Noval? :thumbsup:
H Upmann vintage cameroon Lonsdale & Alverez Ximenez 1927

#11 · (Edited)
looked at what the McKinney dealer had to offer-----

1st impression:

sales guys were a total turnoff. they couldn't give me a ff-ing car. argued about who makes the engine. HINT: do not argue with customer. It's made by FCA (Fiat) not Ferrari.....same as the new v-6 mills heading into Maserati land.

2nd: only one quad there, the rest of gulia stock was base models (tires are 225's--a REAL TURN OFF)

3rd: 4C build quality is way off-- gaps are really bad, steering wheel/shaft/column, and pedals are not "inline", driver seat is way too far inboard, and what's with the foot box not being finished out?

never bothered to do a test drive as I was......

TOTALL DISAPPOINTED.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.