Is Maserati Losing it's Orignal Luster and Exclusivity??? - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 01-09-2017, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Is Maserati Losing it's Orignal Luster and Exclusivity???

Been wondering about this after seeing entry level Maserati sedans and SUVs.

Is it true that Maserati is becoming less exclusive as a brand with these none-sport or hobby vehicles?

Back in the millennium people stared at Maseratis and I remember how it demands respect on the road like Ferraris or alike. But somehow, I see this not being the case too much anymore.

On top of the introduction of entry level sedans and SUV, the market reflects this trend too with weak resale value. A running Maserati Coupe F1 for $10k or QP for below $20k? Yup I've seen this in the market several times!

This is too much to swallow and makes me raise the question, "Is Maserati starting to lose it's luster and exclusivity already?". It leveled down to BMW and Benz demographics (nothing wrong with this but it is not where Maserati was before). I remember back then in the Ferrari community, it's talked about where Ferrari is going with the Maserati brand and how it is confused where to position the brand in the market. Most folks I've read speculated that the Ferrari executives don't want to keep it as exclusive as a Ferrari anymore or else it will impact Ferrari sales (Maserati and Ferrari are under one corporation back in the millennium) and also this is maybe a move to survive like Porsche did. As a result the brand started to release more entry level vehicles which caused it to lose it's exclusivity and exotic aura.

What do you guys think? Please don't take offense, this is just something I've been wondering how other Maserati owners think.

Cheers!

Ferrari 360 Gated w/ Removable Top (1 of 24)
Maserati Coupe GT w/ Vintage Pack (Stick Shift)
Ducati Monster 796
MB S600 V12 BiTurbo (Beeeaast!)
Land Rover Range Rover
Toyota Crewmax (Grappler Setup)
Other daily vehicles not worth mentioning...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-09-2017, 07:05 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 334
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
I love the QPs, Levantes and the new Ghiblis. My hat's off to the owners.
They keep the company afloat and IMO keeps the value of our spyders and coupes and, hopefully make it rise in some time.
We want Maserati to be exclusive but not obscure once it folds...
In the mean time I'm going to enjoy my beast.
The SUV and sedan sales keep it alive (as the cash flow is the blood of a business) so we can enjoy our GTs. Much like the original idea of the brothers to build road cars just to support their racing addiction....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode