LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 06-16-2016, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Looking for Shop for 4200 Coupe Clutch

I have a 2002 Maserati Coupe Cambriocorsa (4200) that needs a new clutch. I'm looking for a dealer or independent shop that can work on the F1 system and has the computer that can talk to the car's transmission computer. I live in the Wisconsin Fox Valley (eastern central Wisconsin). We have a Maserati dealer in Appleton Wisconsin, but they claim they do not have the computer system to work on older Maseratis... So I'm on the hunt for a good shop. I'm not opposed to traveling, but closer definately makes it easier. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with any shops around here (good or bad)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-17-2016, 05:56 AM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 1,842
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
You could contact Craig Waterman on the forum.

C

The Alfisti formerly known as Catman:
4.2 GT Automatic, 147 TS, Sprint 1.7
post #3 of 11 Old 06-17-2016, 01:51 PM
Supporting Member

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 2,283
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francopacks View Post
I have a 2002 Maserati Coupe Cambriocorsa (4200) that needs a new clutch. I'm looking for a dealer or independent shop that can work on the F1 system and has the computer that can talk to the car's transmission computer. I live in the Wisconsin Fox Valley (eastern central Wisconsin). We have a Maserati dealer in Appleton Wisconsin, but they claim they do not have the computer system to work on older Maseratis... So I'm on the hunt for a good shop. I'm not opposed to traveling, but closer definately makes it easier. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with any shops around here (good or bad)?
Well to be honest Wisconsin is a new one on me. Actually, I don't remember the last member we had from there or we can tag and ask them.

craig-waterman.com

post #4 of 11 Old 06-17-2016, 02:23 PM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 191
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Well to be honest Wisconsin is a new one on me. Actually, I don't remember the last member we had from there or we can tag and ask them.
He can't be too far from Northern Suburbs of Chicago. Is that an option?
post #5 of 11 Old 06-17-2016, 04:06 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 40
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masrati View Post
He can't be too far from Northern Suburbs of Chicago. Is that an option?
Yes there are 5 or 6 Maserati dealers in the Chicago/Milwaukee area, second only to NYC and LA. Also I think Reina works on Maserati's by Milwaukee, but I do not know how good they are. I am sure there are others as Wisconsin(cheese land ) has a lot of sportscar collectors. Not sure why but I think Road America might have something to do with it. Also if you really want it done right you could have Motion Productions do it...They work on Pebble Beach quality Ferrari's, Maserati's, Alfa's ect. and are just north of Road America.......
post #6 of 11 Old 06-17-2016, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 3
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the suggestions,. Chicago is about 4 hours away. Milwaukee about 2 hours, and Elkhart Lake (Road America) about 1 hour. Those are all good options I will look into.

We do have a lot of car collectors around here. It's a great place to live. And good cheese to boot!

I was a little surprised to hear that my local Maserati dealer wont work on them...
post #7 of 11 Old 06-18-2016, 02:04 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 2
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You should try calling your local Maserati Dealer again and ask for the GM. I had a similar experience when talking to one person, then spoke to the "shop manager" who said that they absolutely had the software, etc and could do the clutch snap, etc. It's worth a second call to avoid an unwanted drive. I might suggest stopping by the shop personally first. They are unlikely to turn down 4-5k worth of business if you need a new clutch.
post #8 of 11 Old 01-09-2017, 02:52 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 25
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm the tech at Maserati of Milwaukee. Not sure if this is too late,but come on in. I do clutches all the time. - Jake
post #9 of 11 Old 01-09-2017, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 2,852
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkemaserati View Post
I'm the tech at Maserati of Milwaukee.
You must be very busy

Dave
2006 Coupe CC Blu Nettuno Vintage with Forgestar wheels, FD: DBWEM & springs , BMC filter, SuperSprint De-Cat, custom cat delete headers, custom x-pipe with 100cell race cats, RRP valves, G&S Exclusive Granturismo front bumper
post #10 of 11 Old 01-09-2017, 04:12 AM

A few years ago, not so much. Now with ghiblis and levantes there's enough work to keep me busy. But I'm also a Porsche tech too, so I always got work.
post #11 of 11 Old 01-09-2017, 04:13 AM

I should also add that we have an enclosed trailer and we have no problem transporting vehicles to and from the shop for service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode