What other cars share the same brake pads? Look inside. - Maserati Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 07-02-2009, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
 
ACEdubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: south Florida
Maserati Life Posts: 281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What other cars share the same brake pads? Look inside.

Here are a list of other car makes that share the "same" brake pads as the Maserati Coupe and Spyder.
Might help you finding cheaper pads. Sometimes mentioning Maserati is a reverse coupon..+40%.

EBC Red Stuff Model Numbers are:
Front DP31032C
Rear DP3612C


FRONT BRAKES SHARED MODELS:
BMW 735 3.5 (E38) 96-2002 Front Pads Upgrade Quality
BMW 840 4.0 (E31) 94-96 Front Pads OE Quality
BMW 840 4.4 (E31) 95-99 Front Pads OE Quality
BMW 850 5.6 (E31) 94-96 Front Pads OE Quality
BMW M5 3.8 (E34) 94-98 Front Pads OE Quality
FERRARI 550 5.5 97-2002 Front Pads OE Quality
HONDA Integra (Not UK)2.0 Type R (DC5)2001-Front Pads OE Quality
LAMBORGHINI Diablo 5.7 (Brembo)90-96 Front Pads OE Quality
MASERATI 3200 GT 3.2 99- Front Pads Upgrade Quality
MASERATI 4200 Coupe 4.2 2002- Front Pads Upgrade Quality
MASERATI Coupe 3.2 98- Front Pads Upgrade Quality
MASERATI Ghibli 2 93-99 Front Pads OE Quality
MASERATI Ghibli 2.8 93-99 Front Pads OE Quality
MASERATI Quattroporte 2.8 Turbo 96-2001 Front Pads OE Quality
MASERATI Quattroporte 3.2 V8 98-2001 Front Pads OE Quality
MASERATI Quattroporte 4.2 2004- Front Pads OE Quality
MASERATI Spyder 4.2 2002- Front Pads Upgrade Quality
NISSAN Skyline GT-R 34 2.6 Twin Turbo 97- Front Pads OE Quality
NISSAN Skyline GTR 33 Skyline GTR 33 95-97 Front Pads OE Quality
NISSAN Skyline R32 GTR V-Spec 92-95 Front Pads OE Quality
NISSAN (Aust ; NZ) Skyline Brembo Front Pads OE Quality
NISSAN (Japan) Skyline GT-R 99- Front Pads OE Quality

REAR PADS SHARED MODELS:
FERRARI 348 3.4 89-94 Front Pads OE Quality
FERRARI 348 3.4 89-94 Rear Pads OE Quality
FERRARI 355 3.5 94-99 Front Pads OE Quality
FERRARI 355 3.5 94-99 Rear Pads OE Quality
FERRARI 456 5.5 94- Rear Pads OE Quality
FERRARI 512TR 5 92-96 Rear Pads OE Quality
FERRARI 550 5.5 97-2002 Rear Pads OE Quality
HSV Harrop 4 Piston Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
LAMBORGHINI Diablo 5.7 (Brembo) 90-96 Rear Pads OE Quality
MARCOS Mantara 2 92- Front Pads Upgrade Quality
MASERATI 3200 GT 3.2 99- Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
MASERATI 4200 Coupe 4.2 2002- Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
MASERATI Coupe 3.2 98- Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
MASERATI Quattroporte 4.2 2004- Rear Pads OE Quality
MASERATI Spyder 4.2 2002- Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
PORSCHE 911 3.3 Turbo 77-89 Front Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 3.3 Turbo 77-89 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (964) 3.3 Turbo 90-93 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (964) 3.3 Turbo S 90-93 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (964) 3.6 Carrera 89-94 Front Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (964) 3.6 Carrera 4 88-94 Front Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (964) 3.6 Carrera 4 88-94 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (964) 3.6 Carrera RS 91-93 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (964) 3.6 Turbo 92-93 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (993) 3.6 Carrera 93-97 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (993) 3.6 Carrera 4 94-97 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (993) 3.8 Carrera 95-97 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (993) 3.8 Carrera 4 95-97 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 928 4.7 85-86 Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
PORSCHE 928 5 85-92 Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
PORSCHE 928 5.4 92-95 Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
PORSCHE 944 2.5 Turbo 85-88 Front Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 944 2.5 Turbo 85-88 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 944 2.5 Turbo 88-91 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 944 3 89-93 Front Pads Upgrade Quality
PORSCHE 944 3 89-93 Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
PORSCHE 968 3 91-95 Front Pads Upgrade Quality
PORSCHE 968 3 91-95 Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
PORSCHE 968 3.0 Sport 92-95 Front Pads Upgrade Quality
PORSCHE 968 3.0 Sport 92-95 Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
PORSCHE 968 3.0 Sport (M030) 92-95 Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
ACEdubs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 Old 07-03-2009, 10:42 PM
 
MaseratiSSGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Maserati Life Posts: 233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Who has the cheapest EBC pads? I am so ordering those.

2003 Coupe GT, Blu Mediterraneo Metallic/Nero
1968 Pontiac Firebird-389ci Y-Block
1998 Ducati 748 SPS-SOLD
USAF C-130E/H Crew Chief
MaseratiSSGT is offline  
post #3 of 21 Old 07-03-2009, 10:51 PM
 
Vincenzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fairfax Station, Virginia
Maserati Life Posts: 3,309
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseratiSSGT View Post
Who has the cheapest EBC pads? I am so ordering those.

PlaceForBrakes.com

Vincenzo
'06 GranSport Spyder - Rosso Mondiale
FD DBW, FD Springs, FD SS Brake Lines, Larini De-Cats, BMC
'07 Tundra - it's just big
'09 John Deere - Green as it gets... 2009 - 'Best in Grass'
Vincenzo is offline  
post #4 of 21 Old 07-05-2009, 04:58 PM
 
MaseratiSSGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Maserati Life Posts: 233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You are the man, thanks a lot. New set on the way for me.

2003 Coupe GT, Blu Mediterraneo Metallic/Nero
1968 Pontiac Firebird-389ci Y-Block
1998 Ducati 748 SPS-SOLD
USAF C-130E/H Crew Chief
MaseratiSSGT is offline  
post #5 of 21 Old 07-05-2009, 05:15 PM
 
flashgordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Maserati Life Posts: 744
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone know a site that sells EBC yellow stuff for a 4200 and ships to Canada?
flashgordon is offline  
post #6 of 21 Old 07-06-2009, 02:09 AM
 
Vincenzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fairfax Station, Virginia
Maserati Life Posts: 3,309
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashgordon View Post
Anyone know a site that sells EBC yellow stuff for a 4200 and ships to Canada?
www.PlaceForBrakes.com - bought mine there.

Vincenzo
'06 GranSport Spyder - Rosso Mondiale
FD DBW, FD Springs, FD SS Brake Lines, Larini De-Cats, BMC
'07 Tundra - it's just big
'09 John Deere - Green as it gets... 2009 - 'Best in Grass'
Vincenzo is offline  
post #7 of 21 Old 08-02-2009, 06:38 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Maserati Life Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
02-04 Coupe vs. 05 and later Coupe

Some sites say that the Red EBCs are compatible with 05 and later Coupes, but how about the earlier Coupes? Are the pads different?
Robert Greenberg is offline  
post #8 of 21 Old 08-08-2009, 10:13 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Victoria, BC
Maserati Life Posts: 338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a new set (4) of DP3612C's for sale. Bought them for my QP only to find out that the rear sport brakes use a different pad.

$75 CDN gets them shipped anywhere in Canada.

2011 Tesla S
2005 Maserati Quattroporte
2004 Panoz Esperante
2001 Lincoln LS Sport
paradon is offline  
post #9 of 21 Old 08-09-2009, 03:02 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Maserati Life Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know what other cars share the same brake pads and rotors as the 2006 QP???
jliu55 is offline  
post #10 of 21 Old 08-09-2009, 04:03 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Victoria, BC
Maserati Life Posts: 338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jliu55 View Post
Does anyone know what other cars share the same brake pads and rotors as the 2006 QP???
I don't think that any of us have found aftermarket rotors yet for the QP. If you use the EBC lookup for the 2006 QP then you will get the correct part numbers for the pads which you can then cross reference if you want.

The 2005 QP Sport uses a larger rear caliper so in that case the EBC part numbers are not correct.

Unless your rotors are scored or worn down below the minimum thickness you can replace the pads and leave the existing rotors in place. The pads are quite hard so prepare for a couple hundred miles of squealing but they will eventually bed in and be fine.

2011 Tesla S
2005 Maserati Quattroporte
2004 Panoz Esperante
2001 Lincoln LS Sport
paradon is offline  
post #11 of 21 Old 08-09-2009, 06:51 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Maserati Life Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the reply. Yah its amazing how parts for a Maserati are so freaking expensive. If anyone has any knowledge on other parts that would work for an 06 QP Executive GT please let me know. I would really appeciate it.
jliu55 is offline  
post #12 of 21 Old 02-06-2010, 06:50 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Maserati Life Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where'd this info come from??

Heyy I just singned up to these forums just to ask this question, other than this I won't bother all of you very fortunate people who have Maseratis :P
Basically I have a whole bunch of brake pads [highly doubt they're for any of your epic cars] that I'm trying to sell and I am trying to find out all the vehicles that each part number would fit on, so is there a website that you got that info below from, 'cause that would be very helpful to me
Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEdubs View Post
Here are a list of other car makes that share the "same" brake pads as the Maserati Coupe and Spyder.
Might help you finding cheaper pads. Sometimes mentioning Maserati is a reverse coupon..+40%.

EBC Red Stuff Model Numbers are:
Front DP31032C
Rear DP3612C


FRONT BRAKES SHARED MODELS:
BMW 735 3.5 (E38) 96-2002 Front Pads Upgrade Quality
BMW 840 4.0 (E31) 94-96 Front Pads OE Quality
BMW 840 4.4 (E31) 95-99 Front Pads OE Quality
BMW 850 5.6 (E31) 94-96 Front Pads OE Quality
BMW M5 3.8 (E34) 94-98 Front Pads OE Quality
FERRARI 550 5.5 97-2002 Front Pads OE Quality
HONDA Integra (Not UK)2.0 Type R (DC5)2001-Front Pads OE Quality
LAMBORGHINI Diablo 5.7 (Brembo)90-96 Front Pads OE Quality
MASERATI 3200 GT 3.2 99- Front Pads Upgrade Quality
MASERATI 4200 Coupe 4.2 2002- Front Pads Upgrade Quality
MASERATI Coupe 3.2 98- Front Pads Upgrade Quality
MASERATI Ghibli 2 93-99 Front Pads OE Quality
MASERATI Ghibli 2.8 93-99 Front Pads OE Quality
MASERATI Quattroporte 2.8 Turbo 96-2001 Front Pads OE Quality
MASERATI Quattroporte 3.2 V8 98-2001 Front Pads OE Quality
MASERATI Quattroporte 4.2 2004- Front Pads OE Quality
MASERATI Spyder 4.2 2002- Front Pads Upgrade Quality
NISSAN Skyline GT-R 34 2.6 Twin Turbo 97- Front Pads OE Quality
NISSAN Skyline GTR 33 Skyline GTR 33 95-97 Front Pads OE Quality
NISSAN Skyline R32 GTR V-Spec 92-95 Front Pads OE Quality
NISSAN (Aust ; NZ) Skyline Brembo Front Pads OE Quality
NISSAN (Japan) Skyline GT-R 99- Front Pads OE Quality

REAR PADS SHARED MODELS:
FERRARI 348 3.4 89-94 Front Pads OE Quality
FERRARI 348 3.4 89-94 Rear Pads OE Quality
FERRARI 355 3.5 94-99 Front Pads OE Quality
FERRARI 355 3.5 94-99 Rear Pads OE Quality
FERRARI 456 5.5 94- Rear Pads OE Quality
FERRARI 512TR 5 92-96 Rear Pads OE Quality
FERRARI 550 5.5 97-2002 Rear Pads OE Quality
HSV Harrop 4 Piston Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
LAMBORGHINI Diablo 5.7 (Brembo) 90-96 Rear Pads OE Quality
MARCOS Mantara 2 92- Front Pads Upgrade Quality
MASERATI 3200 GT 3.2 99- Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
MASERATI 4200 Coupe 4.2 2002- Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
MASERATI Coupe 3.2 98- Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
MASERATI Quattroporte 4.2 2004- Rear Pads OE Quality
MASERATI Spyder 4.2 2002- Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
PORSCHE 911 3.3 Turbo 77-89 Front Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 3.3 Turbo 77-89 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (964) 3.3 Turbo 90-93 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (964) 3.3 Turbo S 90-93 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (964) 3.6 Carrera 89-94 Front Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (964) 3.6 Carrera 4 88-94 Front Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (964) 3.6 Carrera 4 88-94 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (964) 3.6 Carrera RS 91-93 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (964) 3.6 Turbo 92-93 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (993) 3.6 Carrera 93-97 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (993) 3.6 Carrera 4 94-97 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (993) 3.8 Carrera 95-97 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 911 (993) 3.8 Carrera 4 95-97 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 928 4.7 85-86 Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
PORSCHE 928 5 85-92 Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
PORSCHE 928 5.4 92-95 Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
PORSCHE 944 2.5 Turbo 85-88 Front Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 944 2.5 Turbo 85-88 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 944 2.5 Turbo 88-91 Rear Pads OE Quality
PORSCHE 944 3 89-93 Front Pads Upgrade Quality
PORSCHE 944 3 89-93 Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
PORSCHE 968 3 91-95 Front Pads Upgrade Quality
PORSCHE 968 3 91-95 Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
PORSCHE 968 3.0 Sport 92-95 Front Pads Upgrade Quality
PORSCHE 968 3.0 Sport 92-95 Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
PORSCHE 968 3.0 Sport (M030) 92-95 Rear Pads Upgrade Quality
Alvinator is offline  
post #13 of 21 Old 02-08-2010, 05:10 AM
007
 
Join Date: May 2006
Maserati Life Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
brake part match

Well if you are in UK then I know that Halfords (pepboys) do have a manual for all the brakes that they can get. It has the exact size/shape diagrams and you can match up any pads on the book. I suppose you can take your old pad and they just place it on top of th ediagram and say here you go sir. I'll try and get hold of a old used/grubby copy.
007 is offline  
post #14 of 21 Old 02-09-2010, 01:14 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Maserati Life Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah sorry I'm way over in Canada :P - But thanks for the reply though
- More specifically my brake pads are Raybestos Professional Grade, here's all their part numbers that I have:
PGD821M
PGD857M
PGD965M
PGD648M
PGD650C
PGD819M
Just trying to find out what vehicles these pads fit on
Alvinator is offline  
post #15 of 21 Old 02-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Performance Specialist
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Maserati Life Posts: 2,895
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Maserati Quattroporte Brake Pads

For replacement options to the high cost of factory pads we offer both Ceramic Quiet Pads or the new Carbon / Kevlar Performance Pads.

We are producing a new replacement rotor for the QP as well which will be less cost than OEM and will be both cross-drilled and slotted.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

_______________________
Formula Dynamics USA
info@formuladynamics.com
1-800-351-8757 Toll Free
1-702-430-1040 Local

Visit:FormulaDynamics.com for Performance Maserati:
ECU/DBW Chip Upgrades - Spring Kits - Brake Pads / Lines - Air / Oil Filters - Tires - Wheels
FormulaDynamics is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome