extended warranty - Maserati Forum

Maserati Forum » Maserati Forum » Modern Maserati » Coupe, Spyder, GS ::

extended warranty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2008, 04:41 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 19
Default extended warranty

i'm looking at an '06 '07 cambiocorsa now. but i would like to know if there are any extended high line warranties available out there? outside of the 1yr $3k one that is available. HELP?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsor - Register now for free to stop viewing this ad.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 339

The Coupe CambioCorsa model stopped production in 2005. 2005-2006 had a GranSport model with the "cambiocorsa" transmission (F1 paddle shift). In 2007 the two door body was changed and was renamed the GranTurismo, it has an automatic transmission (still has paddle shifters but it's now linked to an auto tranny with a torque convertor as opposed to the sequential double clutch system the cambiocorsa is)

to answer your question on the warranty. Maserati offers an official extended warranty that can be purchased from any dealer at anytime before your car goes out of warranty. In 2006, cars came with a 4 year/50,000 mile warranty from the factory. The factory extended warranty is $3,600 and doesn't really cover half of what the original one did, just pretty much the basic stuff. My dealer recommended against it and I had a ton of warranty work done up till that point. There were 1 or 2 aftermarket companies offering them, but when I did more research on the company itself I only heard about problems on getting work done on BMW's and Audi's so I can't imagine the nightmare a Maserati would be. Plus, the cost of some of them (up to $10,000), you'd be better off just putting the $ in an account set aside for service on the car.

-Ron, aka Mille162

RaceChairs Performance Furniture
--------------------------------
Authentic motorsports inspiried office furniture and lifestyle accessories

Orders: 267-632-5003 sales@racechairs.com
www.RaceChairs.com
***forum members use code "maslife" at check-out for additional 10% off***

Last edited by mille162; 08-09-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 791

Warranties are a waste of $!
Old 08-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 722

BTW the cambiocorsa is a single-clutch system.

2006 GS Spyder
2007 Lexus Rx400h
2011 Nissan Leaf EV
Old 08-08-2008, 09:24 PM
InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 5,871

Quote:
Originally Posted by mille162 View Post
The CambrioCorsa model stopped production in 2005. 2005-2006 had a GranSport model with the "cambriocorsa" transmission (F1 paddle shift). In 2007 the two door body was changed and was renamed the GranTurismo, it has an automatic transmission (still has paddle shifters but it's now linked to an auto tranny with a torque convertor as opposed to the sequential double clutch system the cambriocorsa is)
As a couple of points of clarification, there were not any models called "Cambiocorsa". That is just the name of a transmission system. From 2002 - 2005, there was both a "Coupe" model and a "Spyder" model. Both were available with either a 6MT or Cambiocorsa transmission.

Also, the GT is not just a body change from the Gransport model. The GT was entirely a new design and IMHO, shares little with the Coupe/Gransport line.

(SOLD) 2004 Coupe Cambiocorsa, Rosso Mondiale/Nero
Larini mufflers & X-pipe, Sport cats, FD sport springs, FD DBWEM, BMC air filter, FD brake pads
Old 08-08-2008, 10:32 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 54

My local dealer recommended the Toyota warranty over MNA's (that should tell you something right there) - if you're looking for a warranty. Supposedly it's more comprehensive, but I haven't researched it, as I still have the factory warranty on my '05. I'm not sure that I would spend the money, regardless.... my $.02.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaneG View Post
BTW the cambiocorsa is a single-clutch system.
sorry, I meant to say it was a dual disc clutch system (twin 215 mm dry clutch discs).

-Ron, aka Mille162

RaceChairs Performance Furniture
Authentic motorsports inspiried office furniture and lifestyle accessories

Orders: 267-632-5003 sales@racechairs.com
www.RaceChairs.com
***forum members use code "maslife" at check-out for additional 10% off***
Old 08-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 791

Here's something to consider.

In 2001 Circuit City sold $440 million of extended warranties.

Now 50% of that goes to them as their commission with part of that going to the sales person!

How much is left to repair what was warrantied?

Is a money business pure and simple.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:34 AM
Maserati Life Posts: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisJ View Post
As a couple of points of clarification, there were not any models called "Cambiocorsa". That is just the name of a transmission system. From 2002 - 2005, there was both a "Coupe" model and a "Spyder" model. Both were available with either a 6MT or Cambiocorsa transmission.

Also, the GT is not just a body change from the Gransport model. The GT was entirely a new design and IMHO, shares little with the Coupe/Gransport line.
When a car says "Coupe Cambiocorsa" on the glovebox, I completely understand the reference to a CC. Is there a nuance I'm missing?

2005 Maserati CC

2007 Yamaha Raptor 350cc Sport ATV - 40mph on a deer trail in the woods at night will sharpen the focus
Old 08-11-2008, 06:51 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyM View Post
When a car says "Coupe Cambiocorsa" on the glovebox, I completely understand the reference to a CC. Is there a nuance I'm missing?
No you are quite correct:

Coupe Cambiocorsa = 4200 coupe with the automatic clutch
Coupe GT = 4200 coupe with clutch pedal

---------
07 Gransport LE, Nero Carbonio.

(Previously)
02 Coupe Cambiocorsa, Sebring Blue.
---------
Old 08-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 112

Funny you posted this, I'm actually looking into purchasing an aftermarket warranty. My car is currently out of warranty and I have 44k on it. The only company I could find that would offer a warranty on the car is called Auto Advantage Inc. If anyone has heard or dealt with them please let me know your thoughts? Here is what they offer for my 02 CC Spyder with 44k:

PREMIUM Bumper to Bumper Coverage
*** $200.00 Deductible ***
1 Year/Unlimited Miles- $1.376.00
2 Year/Unlimited Miles- $2,304.00
3 Year/Unlimited Miles- $3,482.00
4 Year/Unlimited Miles- $4,776.00
5 Year/Unlimited Miles- $5,968.00

THIS PLAN IS THE BEST EXCLUSIONARY BUMPER-TO-BUMPER COVERAGE AVAILABLE.

Warranty Offered By: Auto Advantage Inc.
Warranty Administrator: Genuine Warranty Solutions
Vehicle Eligibility: YES, this vehicle qualifies!

Auto Advantage Inc.
* Extended Warranties Direct to consumers, is our Business
* We offer only Premium Vehicle warranties
* Warranties Insured by the highest rated company
(The only major company on the Internet who can state this)
* No Gimmicks, No Coupons and No Up Selling tactics ever!
* Due to our large volume we offer the lowest prices from the start, for the most comprehensive Bumper to Bumper coverage available for your Vehicle
* Our company is owned and staffed by warranty experts, not Salespeople or Telemarketers.
* We understand the three most important words "Yes It's Covered"

Covered Components
Premium Bumper-To-Bumper contracts cover the cost to remedy any operating mechanical or electrical failure of the vehicle, except as specified.

POLICY EXCLUSIONS “What is not covered”:
Rust damage, sheet metal, chassis frame, cross member, body rails, body panels, carpet, weather-strips, lenses, sealed beams, light bulbs, tires, trim, convertible or vinyl tops, moldings, bright metal, upholstery, paint, exhaust system, catalytic converter, hinges, brake drums, shock absorbers, batteries, carburetor, correction of air and water leaks, wind noise, odors, squeaks, rattles, contaminated fuel systems, bumpers, body parts, glass, time failed components, clutch, service and maintenance items.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:24 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettie grind View Post
i'm looking at an '06 '07 cambiocorsa now. but i would like to know if there are any extended high line warranties available out there? outside of the 1yr $3k one that is available. HELP?
not worth it!
Old 08-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Maserati Life Posts: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocamilo View Post
Funny you posted this, I'm actually looking into purchasing an aftermarket warranty. My car is currently out of warranty and I have 44k on it. The only company I could find that would offer a warranty on the car is called Auto Advantage Inc. If anyone has heard or dealt with them please let me know your thoughts?

Warranty Offered By: Auto Advantage Inc.
Warranty Administrator: Genuine Warranty Solutions
Vehicle Eligibility: YES, this vehicle qualifies!
I looked into this company a year ago and did hours of research on FChat, speaking to Florida and Nevada licensing commissions. In the end I did not purchase the warranty. This recent post sums up my findings: http://tinyurl.com/6ga7ye

Here is the 13 page discussion on FChat: http://tinyurl.com/6qtquy

Vincent Eng
04 Range Rover 4.4 HSE

Last edited by Vincent Eng; 08-16-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:08 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 824

None of the aftermarket warranties are any good and the Maserati one doesn't cover the electrics I believe so has little value.

BTW the Maserati CC box is not "sequential" either. It can directly move from e.g. 4th to 2nd if need be just like a H pattern gearbox (which it is). A sequential gearbox is typically faster and would have to move through 4,3,2 for example.

People mistakenly equate "paddle shift" for sequential. Most motorcycle gearboxes are sequential.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:56 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 78

if you are getting an 06, why are you looking to get an extended warranty? as of the time, you'll have at the very least, 3 years left on it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.